Tuesday, February 23, 2010

sometimes you just need a little note to pick you up..

so in a post about me boohooing about what life has thrown at my family.. i received some wonderful pick me up notes.. about not worrying about how presents do not matter.. and its what the heart gives.. and with that.. i simply re-evaluated my thoughts.. looked deep inside put my own pride on the side.. and realized that it was true... and this weekend.. we had 2 parties that we were not going to go to.. well simply bc.. we could not show up empty handed...

i thought about whats my talent.. what can my heart give to them...
and i busted out my old rusty sewing machine... and started going to town..
i loved the way the presents turned out.. i tried to personalize them.. and i will admit i put more thought and HEART into these presents than any other present i have purchased at target or anything like that.. i hope they love them as much as i do... and to you lil lady who changed my thought process... THANK YOU... from the bottom of my heart!





post signature

7 comments:

Lesli February 23, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

Those are AWESOME gifts.. I would much rather have a gift that comes from the heart, it means much more. You are so talented! Great job!

Heather Lynne Vickery February 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Sweet Sam! You are so talented and wonderful. You should know that gifts from the heart are a million times more wonderful and special than another "thing" you can buy at the store!! I have always coveted those adorable dolls you make :) If you ever start selling them I hope I am the first to know so I can send them to all my clients new babies!!! I love you!

Cyndee February 24, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Awesome post! Those gifts are soo nice! I'm sure those families will have them around much, much longer than any plastic toy they received at their party! What an awesome way to teach your kids that it's not all about those store bought toys and gifts either. You rock!

tnkatk4 February 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Why don't you use your sewing as a little relief from lifes "things"....those little dolls always turn out soooo cute! I hear Etsy calling you!

Catherine February 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

Seriously you are a DOMESTIC GODDESS :) Love everything that you make.

fake handbags May 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

you are awesome. Keep it up.